Before You Install Insulation

Part 4 of Loose-Fill Insulation. Upgrading or Repairing Other Building Components There are other home weatherizing and sealing measures to complete before you undertake any insulation project. Atight, well-sealed home is more energy efficient and needs less insulation to keep you and your family comfortable. Tests have shown that far more cold air infiltration and […]

Energy Efficiency with Lighting

Part 6 of Energy-Efficient Lighting. Lighting represents 20% to 25% of the electricity consumed in the USA. An average family spends 5% to 10% of its energy for lighting budget, while businesses consume 20% to 30% of their total energy for lighting only. In a residential or commercial lighting installations, 50% or more waste of […]